Lars Wagner, M.Sc.
- Mechatronic support systems
- Multimodal machine learning
- Human-robot interaction
- Sterile end effectors
SASHA-OR develops an intelligent assistance robot for the surgical operating room. The concrete goal is the realization of an autonomous-collaborating surgical assistance system which is used sterilely at the operating table. The system is characterized by an unprecedented capability for flexible instrument and object management and cognitive robot-robot or robot-human interaction. As a learning system, it can be used universally in a wide variety of application scenarios. SASHA-OR develops a decisive key module for the realization of the so-called cognitive and collaborative intervention environment. This is intended to replace conventional operating rooms in the future. By integrating tactile sensor technology and computer vision methods and embedding them in a cognitive environment, the project realizes an application of embodied AI for the medical-surgical field.
- Master thesis: T-GNN for OR scene understanding
- Master thesis: Extra-abdominal trocar and instrument detection for enhanced surgical workflow recognition
- Semester work: Hygienic concept for robotic scrub nurse
- Master thesis: Development of a universal sterile end effector for the manipulation of surgical instruments (completed)
- Master thesis: Development of an intelligent transfer strategy for the robotic handover of surgical instruments
- Master thesis: Machine learning for prediction of laparoscopic instrument changes integrating surgical knowledge
- Bachelor thesis: Development of an intelligent intraoperative cleaning station for laparoscopic instruments (completed)
- Wagner, Lars; Kolb, Sven; Leuchtenberger, Patrick; Bernhard, Lukas; Jell, Alissa; Wilhelm, Dirk (2023) Deep learning assisted intraoperative instrument cleaning station for robotic scrub nurse systems. In at - Automatisierungstechnik, 71(7), 572-579. DOI: 10.1515/auto-2023-0062
- Wagner, Lars; Kolb, Sven, Looschen, Christian, Berhard, Lukas; Fuchtmann, Jonas; Berlet, Maximilian; Fottner, Johannes; Knoll, Alois; Wilhelm, Dirk (2023) Versatile end effector for laparoscopic robotic scrub nurse. In Int J CARS. DOI: 10.1007/s11548-023-02892-4
- Wagner, Lars; Bernhard, Lukas; Fuchtmann, Jonas; Karaoglu, Mert Asim; Ladikos, Alexander; Feußner, Hubertus; Wilhelm, Dirk (2022) Integrating 3D cameras into sterile surgical environments: A comparison of different protective materials regarding scan accuracy. In Current Directions in Biomedical Engineering, 8(1), 25-29. DOI: 10.1515/cdbme-2022-0007